Urdang International has created opportunities for pupils, students, schools and organisations around the world to access the knowledge and expertise of the Urdang Academy, a highly regarded and well renowned conservatoire of dance and musical theatre training.
We offer a programme of consultancy, workshops, masterclasses, summer schools, competitions and study exchange programmes in a variety of exciting international locations, including London.
Every programme is highly flexible and can be tailored to meet each requirement. This bespoke approach allows us to combine the insight we have gained over many years of delivering high-calibre training with your local and regional requirements.
Urdang International offers a unique approach, that makes it stand out from any other provider of dance and musical theatre training. We do this through:
- Our location – Urdang London is based just minutes away from Theatreland giving easy access to many of the current productions and to the buzz of London’s West End.
- Our connections – incredible exposure to leading industry professionals keeps Urdang close to the entertainment industry. As a result, our students thrive and are in constant demand from West End and international productions.
- Our ethos – inclusivity and representation is at the heart of what we do. We excel in finding potential in students from all backgrounds and demographics, and then help them develop and shine bright.
- Our staff – respected throughout the industry, our team of professional and talented staff make Urdang a centre of excellence and a top-tier casting agency.
- Our students – We pride ourselves on our ability to identify and nurture diverse talent and have a reputation for turning raw talent into high calibre performers, equipped with the necessary skills and confidence to progress into the professional world.
- Our teaching – we offer the complete package and deliver an outstanding ‘triple-threat’ training covering dance, singing and acting in equal measure.
- Our track-record – many Urdang Academy students go on to work in the West End, national and international theatre, TV and feature films, as choreographers, and dancing for major arena tours, such as: 9-5 the Musical West End, UK and Ireland Tour, Hamilton West End, Mary Poppins West End, Waitress West End, Thriller West End, &Juliet West End, Les Miserables West End and UK Tour, Avenue Q UK Tour, The Tina Turner Musical West End, Matilda West End and UK Tour, Six West End, UK Tour and International Tour, Moulin Rouge on Broadway New York, We Will Rock You UK and European Tour, the feature film version of the West End hit Everybody’s Talking about Jamie as well as West End Production, Mamma Mia! West End and UK Tour, the UK Tour of Curtains, Aladdin West End, Wicked West End, The Lion King West End Spice Girls 2019 World Tour, X Factor, Janet Jackson’s Metamorphosis at Las Vegas, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat West End, Jesus Christ Superstar West End, The Book of Mormon West End and UK Tour the International Tour of Cats and many more!
Our London Base
Our London courses, masterclasses, workshops and summer schools take place in our base just minutes from London’s West End, across several beautiful and well-appointed buildings.
The Old Finsbury Town Hall
Situated in central London with excellent public transport links, Urdang’s state of the art facilities includes nine dance and acting studios, singing rooms, lecture rooms, a cutting-edge treatment and injury recovery facility, The stunning Great Hall acts as both studio and flexible performance space.
The Old Finsbury Town Hall is no ordinary performing arts venue. One of the capital’s hidden treasures with its rich Victorian heritage, it provides students with an inspiring backdrop to their training. Urdang spent two years restoring this beautiful landmark to its former glory, ensuring it met the needs of students and allowing for disabled access.
Urdang2 is a new modern campus (five minutes away from The Old Finsbury Town Hall), provides additional state-of-the-art training facilities. The building, flooded with natural light and boasting bold graphics and industrial design touches, has been specifically designed to create a devoted and inspiring training space for students. It provides purpose-built training facilities in an innovative and contemporary environment. Hosting four dance studios, five acting spaces, IT facilities, library and lecture rooms as well as bespoke private singing rooms.
The Urdang Academy has an exciting partnership with the Pullman Hotel London St Pancras/ ‘Shaw Theatre’. The partnership has established the Pullman Scholarship, providing sponsorship for a student who demonstrates exemplary potential, with preference given to a student living in central London.
The collaboration also gives Urdang students preferential access to The Shaw Theatre, a 500 seated auditorium, located near iconic mainline London stations: Kings Cross and Euston.
The Old Finsbury Town Hall
London, EC1R 4RP
+44 (0)20 7713 7710
Urdang International Ltd
Registered at Companies House (06353918)